Please contact ww2buyer.com for an opinion or second opinion if you have historic items that you are looking to part with . There should be no sentiment in business so don’t be duped by any money making website which masquerades as a collector..If you are the family of a veteran you deserve to get the highest price and nothing less.
I’m also happy to estimate your item’s value free based on 40 years experience and having some of the best contacts in the business. or point you in the direction of a reputable trader or auction house.
Items of interest include flying clothing, escape / evasion kit, log books, medals, autographs, pamphlets, RAF station paraphernalia, aircrew photos, etc. etc.
“We will better any genuine WW2 Aviation offers” frequently providing 45% more than recorded auction prices
(45% being the figure lost to auction houses in commisions from buyer and seller)
ww.ww2buyer.com is the main acquisitions website for www.themilitariamarket.com
“The Nations largest permanent militaria trading center”
WW2 Buyer.com strive to provide a better solution for those wishing to sell Militaria.
Most auctioneers and web based dealers we are effectively wholesalers or “middlemen”.
WW2buyer.com host a permanent military exhibition, one which is enjoyed by thousands of visitors each year.
If we believe that an item or a collection will enhance our display we will pay for it accordingly.
We frequently outbid the collecting community to secure exhibits that will attract and fascinate visitors.
We are not always looking for a fast return on our investments. Ours is a vocation. A lifelong project
with the stock forming the collection’s exhibits.
David Mattey (Buyer)
Industry Guide Lines For Selling Vintage Aviation
Before you invite an “Aviation Dealers” into your home we recommend the following.
1) Check their credentials . Are they professionals ?, does their website display a VAT number (U.K.) or a Max Certified Dealer Badge (USA)?.
Professional looking websites are now inexpensive to build, they can be operated from an iPhone from inside a prison (Fact), a Summer camp ,Bar, or by school Kids operating from Mum and Dads residential address!.
2) Always get an guide estimate of the likely range of prices they are prepared to pay you. This can be achieved by supplying phonographs first or offering a good description. Do not risk putting your self in the uncomfortable position of being pressured.
3) You should be offered and accept no less than 75% of the market value for your collection or single items.
German Helmet prices
4) Cash is hard to come by don’t get tricked by a bully who pushes for an appointment to visit you immediately. Before you have prepared exactly what will be going and what your bottom price is.
5) Show absolutely no sympathy to advertisers who claim to be passionate collectors.This is usually criminal deception, advertising is expensive such advertisers are buying to sell on !.
5) Consider contacting a dealer with a main street store a V.A.T. number (U.K.) or one who is a member of a (trade association USA) and who has an established reputation to uphold. Such enterprises have customers waiting and will be able pay the prices you have researched and offer genuine advice.
Parts from a ww2 aircraft always required
German steel helmets ww2 price £3000